CMK version:
2.1.0p11

OS version:
Debian 10.13 → Server of the checkmk Instance
v1.23.6 → Kubernetes Version
1.0.1 → checkmk-monitoring kubernetes collector agent

Error message:
Kubernetes Monitorign Dynamic Hosts are created wanting an IP Address

Output of “cmk --debug -vvn hostname”: (If it is a problem with checks or plugins)
does not compute

Hello,
I’ve followed the documentation (English/German, the Version on review at Github and the Youtube Video) to try out the kubernetes monitring.

The connection to the kubernetes API and also the connection to the agent within kubernetes seems to work fine.

But the “dynamic host management” seems to create all the Hosts out of the Piggybank Data with problematic settings.
All of the Hosts created only have two services, both in a critical state:

[agent] MKIPAddressLookupError('Host has no IP address configured.')CRIT, [piggyback] Successfully processed from source 'k8s', execution time 0.0 sec 
5 unmonitored services (kube_memory:1, kube_pod_resources:1, kube_daemonset_info:1, kube_replicas:1, kube_cpu:1)WARN, no vanished services found, 6 new host labelsWARN, [agent] MKIPAddressLookupError('Host has no IP address configured.')CRIT

As the hosts are dynamically created out of Piggybank data I assume they don’t need a IP.
I’ve tried to change the “Folder default” of the Folder I’ve created to contain all the k8s Hosts/Servcies to “NoIP” but this has not changed anything.

The checkmk instance was created only for testing the k8s-monitoring so there are no rules that could interfere, all is default. Only changed things as written in the documentation.

The attached screenshots show the problem → the argocd-dex-server showed up somehow after frantically triggering manual inventorying runs.

You should also set “No agent” on the folder where the dynamically created hosts are stored. They only get piggyback data.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed. Contact an admin if you think this should be re-opened.