Lenovo XClarity - Fans

Hi,
install went fine, but all fans are in warn status enable speed problem, how can i fix it?
thx + regards
Huetti

I think you mean my extension.
To troubleshoot this problem i need the agent output from one of these machines.
You can sent it as PM.

Hi,
cannot send PM, so i copied the output for one fan (all fans have the same behaviour)

'Name': 'Fan 1A Tach', 
'FanName': 'Fan 1A Tach',
 'MaxReadingRange': 21420, 
 'MinReadingRange': 0, 
 'Reading': 4116, 
 'UpperThresholdCritical': None, 
 'UpperThresholdNonCritical': None, 
 'RelatedItem': 
 [{'@odata.id': '/redfish/v1/Systems/1'},
 {'@odata.id': '/redfish/v1/Chassis/1'}],
 'PhysicalContext': 'Fan',
 'Oem': {'Lenovo': {'Location': {'InfoFormat@Redfish.Deprecated': 'The property is deprecated. Please use PartLocation instead.',
 'Info@Redfish.Deprecated': 'The property is deprecated. Please use PartLocation instead.', 
 'InfoFormat': 'Slot X', 'Info': 'Slot 1'}}},
 '@odata.id': '/redfish/v1/Chassis/1/Thermal#/Fans/0', 
 'UpperThresholdFatal': None,
 'LowerThresholdCritical': 840, 
 'LowerThresholdNonCritical': None, 
 'SensorNumber': 192,
 'Location': {'PartLocation': {'LocationOrdinalValue': 1, 'ServiceLabel': 'Fan 1A Tach', 'LocationType': 'Slot'}}, 
 'HotPluggable': True, 
 'ReadingUnits': 'RPM',
 'LowerThresholdFatal': None,
 'MemberId': '0', 
 'Status': {'Health': 'OK', 'State': 'Enabled'}},

I see what the problem is. My check has a “automatic” lower threshold if nothing is defined from 20% of maximum speed.
In your case this would be 4280 rpm as lower threshold. Your fan has only 4116 rpm.
To fix this problem you can edit the file.
lenovo_xclarity_fans.py
Line 50

min_warn = max_range / 100 * 20

to

min_warn = max_range / 100 * 10

This is only a quick workaround. I need to implement the possibility to define own thresholds from setup.

Hi Andreas,

thank you for the quick response and workaround.

best wishes
Hütti

If you want you can test on my github the actual version. Fan speed is now fully configurable.

If it works correctly on your system i can upload it to the exchange. My tests where ok.