Libldap_r-2.4.so.2: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

I have installer CheckMK Enterprise edition in Ubuntu 21.10, I received the follow error

Starting redis…Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/omd/sites/sonepar/bin/init-redis”, line 10, in
from cmk.gui.watolib.search import build_index_background
File “/omd/sites/sonepar/lib/python3/cmk/gui/watolib/init.py”, line 58, in
import cmk.gui.userdb as userdb
File “/omd/sites/sonepar/lib/python3/cmk/gui/userdb.py”, line 43, in
import cmk.gui.plugins.userdb
File “/omd/sites/sonepar/lib/python3/cmk/gui/plugins/userdb/init.py”, line 38, in
load_plugins(file, package)
File “/omd/sites/sonepar/lib/python3/cmk/utils/plugin_loader.py”, line 69, in load_plugins
importlib.import_module("%s.%s" % (package_name, plugin_name))
File “/omd/sites/sonepar/lib/python3.8/importlib/init.py”, line 127, in import_module
return _bootstrap._gcd_import(name[level:], package, level)
File “/omd/sites/sonepar/lib/python3/cmk/gui/plugins/userdb/ldap_connector.py”, line 44, in
import ldap # type: ignore[import]
File “/omd/sites/sonepar/lib/python3/ldap/init.py”, line 34, in
import _ldap
ImportError: libldap_r-2.4.so.2: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
OK
Initializing Crontab…OK

can you help me please

There is no checkmk package available for Ubuntu 21.10 (yet).

Aww Crud.

I just got finished setting up an ubuntu 21.10 vm to run Checkmk and had the same problem.

Did you find a way to get it going or do I have to start over? :frowning:

You have to start with other distribution version.
What i cannot understand is, why does someone install a server software that runs longer than some months on a operating system that only gets support for 9 months?

2 Likes

It’s just habit to grab the newest release of a software when starting a new project for most people. For some of us, diving into a project and dealing with issues as they come up is our way of learning, knowing that we should have researched it beforehand. ¯_(ツ)_/¯.

Before going the “try and fail” route I read the requirements of a software. And obviously each checkmk package is for a specific distribution version. If there is none available for the intended target distribution I cannot install the software.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed. Contact an admin if you think this should be re-opened.