Logwatch no file found

CMK version: Checkmk Enterprise Edition 2.1.0p2

Hey there,

i try to log an custom Log with logwatch. Im configured it in checkmk over the agent bakery. My logwatch cfg looks like this:

"C:\Logs\etask_log*.txt" overflow=C
 W ERROR

the Logfile:

CheckMK Agent Log:

2022-06-27 15:03:23.743 [srv 4180] perf:  In [1181] milliseconds process 'C:\ProgramData\checkmk\agent\modules\python-3\.venv\Scripts\python.exe C:\ProgramData\checkmk\agent\plugins\mk_logwatch.checkmk.py' pid:[8912] SUCCEDED - generated [43] bytes of data in [1] blocks

tells me that there is an SUCCEDED.
But if try to open the Log over the GUI there will not find the log:

grafik

is there anything else that must be configured?

The log file will only exists if one error or warning message is found and transmitted.
If there was no warn/error since you created the check then the log file will be empty on the server side.

Hey,

thanks for response. After adding some lines with “ERROR” the service in the gui changed. But it changed to “unknown”

and still tells me that the log didnt exist.

After a minute it change back to ok.

I recommend to forward the logwatch events to even console and handle it there with rule " Logwatch Event Console Forwarding".
Logwatch is AFAIR a very old technology and not really supported anymore in checkmk.

regards

Michael

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed. Contact an admin if you think this should be re-opened.