Logwatch "unmonitored services" after configuration

Hello
I use checkmk 2.2.0 Raw Version. and i want to use the logwatch plugin to monitor some logfile and detect error

I download the mk_logwatch.py and i put this file under /usr/lib/check_mk_agent/plugins ( I set root as owner and 755 as file permission ). also, i put the logwatch.cfg under /etc/check_mk, i configure patterns and i specify the logfile

in my VM, when i execute this command : check_mk_agent , the plugin works and i can detect errors in the log file. but in Checkmk UI, i see :

3 unmonitored services (logwatch:3)UNKN, no vanished services found, no new host labels

How i can resolve this issue , thanks

You need to configure the three new service checks. Go to the Host menu, then Service configuration and add them to the list of monitored services.

1 Like

Work like a charm , but i ve a question please, that does include new log file ? ou i should execute the same actions every day ?

Do you expect a new logfile every day?

Logfile rotation is already handled by the agent plugin.

in fact , every day i have 4 new logs file

i already configure log rotation

The periodic service discovery can be configured to add new services automatically after it found them.

Can you please tell me how i can configure automatic add new discovery service ?

Hi @JoeDuog,

see Understanding and configuring services - Detecting and monitoring elements of a host for that :slight_smile:

Gerd

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed. Contact an admin if you think this should be re-opened.