macOS agent check for running process

Hello,

I have successfully installed macOS Agent on a few of our Macs. CheckMk server recieves data from the Macs.
Next I would like to monitor if process xyz is running on the Macs. To accomplish this, I created a Process Discovery Rule which I have applied to the folder containing the Mac’s. This approach works fine for Windows hosts, but doesn’t seem to work for the Mac Agent.
I suspect this feature (checking state for a certain process) is not supported by the Mac Agent, but I am not sure. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks in advance.
Nico

I didnt know there was an official Mac agent, where was that found?

You can find the Script at checkmk/agents/check_mk_agent.macosx at 2.2.0 · Checkmk/checkmk · GitHub or on the checkmk server …/check_mk/agents/check_mk_agent.macosx

Thanks for the reply. I did use the Github script to install the macOS agent, I forgot to mention. It however seems to have very limited fuctionality compared with the Windows agent.
Also, I can see the macOS agent reporting to Checkmk but no such information as for instance on all running processes.

I found that in the output of the agent all running process with their open files are listed. In the discovery rule for the process I have entered the full path to the executable under ‘Process matching’ → Exact name for process without arguments’.
Now it’s working.