Making host, service as variable in Grafana Dashboard

Hi Everyone,

I’m wondering if there will still be an update on CheckMK Datasource for Grafana. We are using it to unify several metrics from our different monitoring tools.

I hope the Devs would be able to implement host and service as a variable so we can fully customize and reuse our dashboard in Grafana.

Thanks!

Hi
I think that you should send the request to your Check_MK partner who can surely make individual adjustments for you.

Okay, we’ll do. :slight_smile: Thanks!

Take a look at the “Intergrations” talk at the conference tomorrow

Just saying… :wink:

1 Like

From day 1, it was not discussed fully what will be the future for the grafana - checkmk integration. I hope there are improvements to come especially making the checkmk dashboard in grafana more flexible and can be automated.

Feature wishlists:

• Hosts and Services, Metrics as variables
  • Variables can be used in dashlets, thus can be repeatable (no need to create the graph every time)
  • Host/Service Labels can be integrated
  • Services without graphs can also be added to dashlets (see if service is running e.g. windows services).

Let’s see. :slight_smile:

Don’t worry, Lars will talk about it in the “Integrations, Automation, & Security” talk - not everything on your wishlist, but some :wink:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed. Contact an admin if you think this should be re-opened.