Mikrotik plugin and hAP ax²

Hello!!
I’m a beginner with Checkmk (RAW Edition), thanks to the Checkmk documentation I’ve progressed so far.

Now, I’m stuck with mkp packages… I’ve managed to install and activate a package for a Mikrotik router. After this point, I don’t know what to do, I’ve deleted and added again the router, but still it monitors the same data as before:

Any idea about how to proceed?

Thank you very much!!

Kind regards.

Hi.

Didi you re-discover the device after installing the package? Did you also check if the package is activated.

Rg, Christian

Hello!!
Yes, I did a re-discover, nothing new appears:

Thank you very much and kind regards!! :smiley:

Hello!!

I also confirm that the package is active:

I attach the pictures in two separate posts because, as new user, I’m only allowed to add one picture per post.

Thank you very much!!

Hi,

you have to configure the installed mkp in order for it to know how to connect to your router.

In the left sidebar go to setup, then type in mikrotik. You should see Mikrotik RouterOS and click on it. Click on add rule and configure how to connect to your router.
Under explicit hosts you probably want to select the monitoring host you want to apply this rule to, so it does not get applied to all hosts.
After setting up the connection infos, activate the changes and run the service discovery again on your host.

Does this help?

Cheers

Niko

2 Likes

Hello!!
Thank you very much for your suggestion, that was already done with no success…

Kind regards!! :grinning:

Looks like, that the OID which is detected not the same as expected by plugin. If you run “cmk --debug -vvII ” and look at the OID. Than you can habe a look in the plugin.

RG, Christian

Hello!!
This is the output of the command cmk --debug -vvII :

Summary
Mikrotik:
+ FETCHING DATA
  Source: SourceInfo(hostname='Mikrotik', ipaddress='192.168.4.1', ident='snmp', fetcher_type=<FetcherType.SNMP: 7>, source_type=<SourceType.HOST: 1>)
[cpu_tracking] Start [71e8cd4a8a70]
Read from cache: SNMPFileCache(Mikrotik, path_template=/omd/sites/mrbyte_lan/tmp/check_mk/data_source_cache/snmp/{mode}/{hostname}, max_age=MaxAge(checking=inf, discovery=inf, inventory=inf), simulation=False, use_only_cache=False, file_cache_mode=6)
Using data from cache file /omd/sites/mrbyte_lan/tmp/check_mk/data_source_cache/snmp/discovery/Mikrotik
Got 11 bytes data from cache
[cpu_tracking] Stop [71e8cd4a8a70 - Snapshot(process=posix.times_result(user=0.0, system=0.0, children_user=0.0, children_system=0.0, elapsed=0.0))]
  Source: SourceInfo(hostname='Mikrotik', ipaddress='192.168.4.1', ident='piggyback', fetcher_type=<FetcherType.PIGGYBACK: 4>, source_type=<SourceType.HOST: 1>)
[cpu_tracking] Start [71e8cd4a9df0]
Read from cache: NoCache(Mikrotik, path_template=/dev/null, max_age=MaxAge(checking=0.0, discovery=0.0, inventory=0.0), simulation=False, use_only_cache=False, file_cache_mode=1)
No piggyback files for 'Mikrotik'. Skip processing.
No piggyback files for '192.168.4.1'. Skip processing.
Get piggybacked data
[cpu_tracking] Stop [71e8cd4a9df0 - Snapshot(process=posix.times_result(user=0.0, system=0.0, children_user=0.0, children_system=0.0, elapsed=0.0))]
+ PARSE FETCHER RESULTS
  HostKey(hostname='Mikrotik', source_type=<SourceType.HOST: 1>)  -> Add sections: ['hr_cpu', 'hr_fs', 'hr_mem', 'hr_ps', 'if', 'if64', 'inv_if', 'mikrotik_signal', 'snmp_extended_info', 'snmp_info', 'snmp_uptime']
  HostKey(hostname='Mikrotik', source_type=<SourceType.HOST: 1>)  -> Add sections: []
Received no piggyback data
+ ANALYSE DISCOVERED HOST LABELS
Trying host label discovery with: hr_cpu, hr_fs, hr_mem, hr_ps, if64, inv_if, mikrotik_signal, snmp_extended_info, snmp_info, snmp_uptime
  cmk/device_type: router (snmp_info)
  cmk/device_type: router (snmp_extended_info)
Trying host label discovery with:
SUCCESS - Found 1 host labels
+ ANALYSE DISCOVERED SERVICES
+ EXECUTING DISCOVERY PLUGINS (10)
  Trying discovery with: hr_fs, docker_container_status_uptime, snmp_info, ps, uptime, hr_cpu, mikrotik_signal, mem_used, if64, hr_ps
  1 hr_cpu
  1 hr_fs
  1 if64
  1 mem_used
  1 snmp_info
  1 uptime
SUCCESS - Found 6 services

I don’t know if there is something wrong…

Best regards!! :smiley:

The installed package is a special agent. You need to configure your device to use this special agent.
Inside the host configuration select specially agent and no checkmk agent instead of no agent at all.
Then you need to assign the special agent inside the “other integration” section.

1 Like

Hello!!
I’m sorry, but I can’t find the option “specially agent and no checkmk agent”:

What I’m missing? I’m using the RAW version, maybe this option is only available on Enterprise or Cloud version?

Best regards!! :grinning:

As i wrote the answer from my phone i had not the correct wording.
“Configured API integrations, no CheckMK agent” is the right one.
Here you should then find the Mikrotik agent and can configure it.

1 Like

Ok, I understand now, thank you very much!! :grinning:

After choosing the MikroTik RouterOS agent:

I configure a new rule:

But still doesn’t work, I use the credentials for access to the management router console, but I’m not sure if they are the correct ones…

Kind regards!! :grinning: