Missing Host Alias definition in 2.2.0

CMK version:2.2.0
OS version:RHEL8

Hello

how is it possible to configure the host alias of a host in 2.2.0?
In my site, new created with 2.1.0p28 and updated to 2.2.0 are no host alias definition for a host seen.

Please let me know.

Thanks
JP

On the right side of each header line should be little link that says Show more. Find that for the Basic settings section and click it.

Oh thanks, what a difficult way to hide basic parameters.
Is it possible to show generally all?
Theses unnecessary clicks makes me crazy like Windows 11.

1 Like

There is the unnecessary config:
Now I know why my feature requests are declared as “we won’t do” or needs 2 years.

To keep facts straight, we included in 2.2 a rather large feature request from you @JPH with BI aggregations: Introduced option to freeze aggregation structure.
While it says minor change, have a look yourself: WK14182: BI aggregations: Introduced option to freeze aggregation str… · Checkmk/checkmk@9801787 · GitHub

And while we would like to do all feature requests, we have to prioritize hard the resources we have. Feel free to reach out to me via mail or in person discuss this in person.

And regarding show more/show less. You can always enforce show more as you discovered. Then an expert user like you has access to all options. However, we have learned from many beginner users, that the number of configuration options in Checkmk is overwhelming.
However, we also agree that we might have overdone it a bit, when we set the defaults. Thus we have done slight adaptations in the host config and DCD already in 2.2 (e.g. IP address family is shown in show less as well in the host config)

2 Likes