Missing SAML authentication option in checkmk Cloud Edition (Trial)

CMK version: Checkmk Cloud Edition 2.2.0p24
OS version: Ubuntu 22.04.4 LTS

Hi,

I am just testing checkmk Cloud Edition for a POC. Wanted to test SAML authentication by following this guide: Authentication with SAML
SSL certifcate is installed, Enterprise application has been set up in AzureAD and the SAML certificate added to CheckMK.
But the SAML authentication setup in CheckMK is missing (Setup > Users > SAML Authentication).

Is this not possible in trial mode or have I perhaps missed something else?

Thanks for help, Nico

Hello Nico and wellcome to the CMK Community!

In the Setup you have to click on the “show more”-button at the top right corner.
grafik

Or go to the Users and show under related:
grafik

Kind regards, Marc

2 Likes

thanks for the hint. I did not spot this

Yeah, you’re not alone.
That wasn’t our best UI decision in recent years…
I think in 2.3 we corrected that mistake, right @thohenstatt ?

Ahh, my old nemesis - the “show more” button! Thanks for tagging me @elias.voelker
At the moment it’s still under “show more” - sadly. We’ll make it always visible as soon as possible, but there’s no guarantee it’ll be in time for the 2.3 release.

@nico_e one tip from my side: You can disable the “Show more” functionality under “User” > “Edit profile” > “Show more / Show less” > “Set custom show mode” > “Enfore show more” so that nothing is hidden anymore.

I really understand the frustration around this functionality and there is hope: With 2.4 we will start to rework it!

Cheers,
Tanja