Missing Tablespace and RMAN of Database

Hello Everybody,

i was trying to monitor an oracle server with it’s services. The server is running three oracle databases.
For monitoring the oracle services i created a simple agent with oracle_plugin in the bakery and installed it on the server.

For all three databases i get all synchrones services like ORA Database Instance, Locks, Logswitches, Performance, Processes.
The asynchrones services like ORA Database Tablespace, RMAN Backup is only shown for one of the three databases.

In my troubleshooting sessions I noticed an interesting behavior.

If i debug the mk_oracle plugin with the following commands, i’m able to see the values for the missing tablespaces an RMAN Backups for the two databases.

root@linux# export MK_CONFDIR="/etc/check_mk/"
root@linux# /usr/lib/check_mk_agent/plugins/mk_oracle -d

Additional it seems the cache files for two of the three databases aren’t created correctly. The always stays in the state “.new”. Deleting this files didn’t solve the Problem.

When i call the agent remote from my cmk_appliance the sections for tablespace and RMAN Backups for the two databases are missing in the output.

Maybe someone have an idea what to do next :slight_smile:

~ Andreas

CMK version: 2.0.0.p20
OS version: Appliance 1.4.17

*Error message: - *

Output of “cmk --debug -vvn hostname”: (If it is a problem with checks or plugins)

Hi @awdi30,

seems like a similar problem like in Mk_oracle plugin problem. Hadn’t yet time to take a deeper look what’s going wrong there. Can you please run MK_CONFDIR=/etc/check_mk/ /usr/lib/check_mk_agent/plugins/mk_oracle -t (may passwords included) and check if all connections are working properly?
Which OS your client is running on and is it a GRID enabled database or is there ASM enabled?

Hey @tosch
thanks for the advice. Setting MK_ORA_DEBUG=true in /usr/lib/check_mk_agents/plugins/mk_oracle solved the problem.

Running MK_CONFDIR=/etc/check_mk/ /usr/lib/check_mk_agent/plugins/mk_oracle -t didn’t look
noticeable. All connection were fine.

However, it is noticeable that the problem occurred three times in a short period of time…

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed. Contact an admin if you think this should be re-opened.