MongoDB plugins / Check Replicat Set on Multi-Sites with CheckMK Distributed Mode

Hello,

I have a problem to monitor MongoDB Replicat Set on multi-sites with Mongo plugins.

I have 3 physical sites, and 3 CheckMK servers (poller) 1 on each site (Distributed mode)
My Replicat Set is distributed on the 3 physical sites.

On CheckMK, I have a “host” defined for my Replicat Set and it works correctly but :

• The data are piggybacked from the PRIMARY node only
  • My “host” is configured to use the CheckMK poller on which is my PRIMARY node
  • If my PRIMARY node changes site, the poller can’t piggyback anymore
  • I have to recreate my Replicat Set “host” on the CheckMK poller of the same site

Is there a solution to solve this problem ?
Thanks in advance.

Mick

CheckMK server version : 2.1.0p23 RAW (CEE soon :stuck_out_tongue: )
CheckMK agent : 2.1.0p23
OS version : Debian Bulleseye (CheckMK server and MongoDB server)

Hi,

No one can help me ?

Mick

Hi Mickel,

Thank you for your patience.

I suggest jumping on a call because it seems like you are using Kubernetes, isn’t it?

It also seems like a possibility of using a special agent.

Please find my availability via Calendly below:

I am not sure where you are currently based, please let me know and I will find a suitable time slot(s).

Best regards,
Alex

Hi Alex,

Thanks for your answer.
I don’t use kubernetes.

I’m using CheckMK in Distributed Mode (not standelone).
I will try to schematize :

• 1 CheckMK Poller on site A

• 1 CheckMK Central + poller on site B

• 1 CheckMK Poller on site C

• 6 Mongo servers on site A

• 6 Mongo servers on site B

• 6 Mongo servers on site C

• All Mongo servers are in sharing mode across all sites

• CheckMK on site A can only check mongo servers on site A (CheckMK site B → servers B etc.)

At the moment, Primary mongo node is on site A, so i’ve declared the host in CheckMK poller on site A
But if primary node change for site B or C, ChechMK (site A) poller can’t poll it.

Because the piggybacked data are only taken only from the Primary node, the host is stale.

How to do it ?

Thanks,
Mick

Hey Mick,

Apologies for the late answer, I was off until yesterday.

In regards to piggyback, Checkmk does not sync piggyback between sites unfortunately, however, the sync could be done between the sites with an rsynch script.

Let me know if this fits your IT requirements.

Would you also mind sharing your email address so I can communicate in timely manner?

Best,
Alex

Hello Alex,

Thank you for your answer.

Ok, so currently it is not possible, I see.

I’ll see if the workaround via rsync can work for me.
If not, I need to open the network streams between my different sites, to allow all pollers to access all sites.

Thanks again.
Mick