Monitor processes

hello

is there any fancy way to monitor processes (not services) on windows and linux?
a built in function in checkmk like “windows service discovery” but for processes?

it will be also helpfull if this works for old windows version too, like win 2000

thank you.

Hi.

Yes, you can do a process monitoring on several ways:

1. Do a process discovery and configure the thresholds. The exact names of processes you will find in Agent output.
  2. Use Enforced services to do the same.
    If you need to monitor java or other processe for different application, please finetune the process monitoring by switching on “Full path” detection.

RG, Christian

it seems, he is showing all actuall running processes.
i would only like to check for cmd.exe for example and if its not runing he should change to critical or stay ok.

like windows update service.

You need to set “Level of prcess coun”. If process less than 1 you can raise a critical alert.
If you want to monitor process from start (when process is not running and can not discovered) you should use Enforces Services instead.

Hello
I am a beginner on Checkmk
Can you tell me how to monitor an application on Windows for example if it is active or not?
I came across your discussion about application monitoring.
I did not manage to add the process in question.
Can you tell me how to add it please?

Thanks

Hi @ecailleux01 please be so kind and open another thread. This one is ancient and it doesn’t make much sense to continue here.
We’ll help you over there.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed. Contact an admin if you think this should be re-opened.