Monitoring ActiveMQ Queue *size*

So I have the ActiveMQ agent configured and running… I can see my queues and the enqueue, dequeue, and size graphs for each.

I think it’s strange that there’s no graph for consumers, but that is one of the thresholds you can set.
I also think it’s strange that there IS a graph for queue size, but you can’t set a threshold for that.

The problem I have an application that polls ActiveMQ so it doesn’t show up as a consumer. When it stops consuming (polling), the size of the queue starts increasing but I have no way of setting an alert for that! Is this different in 2.x by any chance? Or has anyone modified it to allow setting a threshold on queue size?

I have been watching and did see it report 1 consumer when the application is polling it… so I suppose I could configure my alert to check every minute and notify only when there’s less than 1 consumer for 15 straight minutes (supposed to poll every 5 minutes)… but this seems like it will be problematic… especially when the “size” is right there and easy to define a threshold.

Nevermind… size IS there. Not sure what I was looking at before.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed. Contact an admin if you think this should be re-opened.