Monitoring HP 2920 Switch Stack with SNMP & Aruba Instant On 1960 48G 40p Class4

CMK version: 2.1.0p22 RAW
OS version: CentOS Linux 7 (Core)

We are trying to monitor the two switch in the subject of the email with SNMP V2/3.
The result was not ok (we couldn’t see much since the MIB/ISO the check_mk had was not working).
We decided then to import the MIB (from the vendor site) after that we were able to see normal SNMP parameters (like Ports, Power Supply status, Uptime ecc) BUT we are not able to see the ports of the stack.

Anyone occur this issue before? Can someone give us ideas of what we are suppose to look into to fix this?
There are some specific plug-ins?

I monitor the 1960. How did you configure SNMP? When you run the connection tests do they come back green?

Hi,
we configure the SNMP as usual. We get back information from the switch BUT no information from the Stack Ports (this is not single switch but is a stack):

We removed all the ports (we wanted to monitor only the stack ports but they’re not being shown).

Sorry, so late with my comment. I see my stack ports, but they don’t have much as far as information goes. I don’t know which rule actually gives me the stack information.
stackport
I get these interfaces because of the rule of: Setup → Services → Service discovery rules → Network interface and switch port discovery → Match all interfaces
matchallinterfaces

But out of all the interface discovery rules listed in there, I have no idea which one picks up the stack ports. I’d love to know how to debug what it picks up with each rule, because I also have duplicates.

It also shows me I have failures on my POE but I do not, and never have had issues.
poefail

1 Like

Thanks!
That setting was perfect!
It solved my issue.