Monitoring kubernetes, cluster-collector error

**CMK version:2.1.0p9.cee
**Error message:Status: Connection Error (Failed attempting to communicate with cluster collector at URL

We have followed the guide on the homepage and we can get most information from the cluster, the problem is that the service for cluster-collector fails with error message
Status: Connection Error (Failed attempting to communicate with cluster collector at URL.

We are using an ingress and the URL is the following http://10.0.139.128:8080.
Have we missed some step you need to do when using ingress instead of node port?
Is there any kubectl command we should run to get more info?

Best regards
Daniel

Hi Daniel,

we are facing the same issue. Did you use the helm chart or the plain manifests for the installation?

Best Regards
Hendrik

Hi Hendrik,

We used helm if that what you mean by “helm chart”?
Followed the guide step by step and every services works except the cluster collector.

So monitoring works, atleast as it did in version 1.6,but dont know if we are missing some info when the cluster collector isnt working correctly

Hi Daniel,

yes, I meant the installation via helm. I got a bit confused as some of the values (especially the service port) set via helm deviates from the manifests (8080 vs. 80) and I thought that was the issue at first.
Next I thought that something was wrong with the network policies, so I removed them but that did not help either.
Did you check if you get data with a debug pod as described here?

For me it looks like quite a lot of data is missing without the cluster-collector as the Kubernetes dashboard is pretty empty.

Have you looked at the status of all the K8 resources in your namespace ? Are they all running ?
We have a troubleshooting guide for the K8 special agent where you can check the data via the command line: Debugging the kubernetes - k8s special agent - Checkmk Knowledge Base - Checkmk Knowledge Base

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed. Contact an admin if you think this should be re-opened.