Monitoring SAP R3

Hello all,
I want to start monitoring our SAP environment.
I need some help on which monitoring agent should i install and how to install them.
Any help will be appreciated.

You have to deploy the mk_sap plugin in the Agent/plugins directory. Some information available here:

Thank you for your reply.
It’s a python code.
i need to run it like python mk_sap, or just copy it to the plugin directory?

You need to copy the mk_sap agent plugin to the /usr/lib/check_mk_agent/plugins directory and also setup the etc/check_mk/sap.cfg file.

or you could deploy it via Agent bakery using the below rule

Hello, Bakery is only on the enterprise edition?

Yes. It’s only on CEE. At the end of the day, it also generates the same config like this https://github.com/tribe29/checkmk/blob/v1.6.0p19/agents/sap/sap.cfg

Hi @mottioh / @anonymous15,

so, with the former post being marked as solution you got mk_sap running successfully? Our former trials ended without any goal due to the very old version of sapnwrfc-0.19 that was basically used in mk_sap. Same with nwrfcsdk which sounds obligatory according to the mk_sap header.

I wonder if and how you have installed these two mentioned. Would be great if you could share some information about that. :+1: :+1: :+1:

Yes, if you did get it to work, please share. I never not past compiling sapnwrfc-0.19. And I really do like to have a way of monitoring SAP in Check_MK.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed. Contact @fayepal if you think this should be re-opened.