Mount option check - exceeding: barrier=1,data=ordered

Hi

We are running Check-MK enterprise version 1.6.0p9 and on the majority of our monitored servers. the mount option test returns messages similar to these:

Exceeding: barrier=1,data=ordered
Exceeding: stripe=64,data=ordered

I have tried running “cmk -II” followed by “cmk -R” on the master server, but the messages remain.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Regards

Michael

Hi Michael,

please try this sequence on CLI:

cmk --flush <host>
cmk -vvII <host>
cmk -O

Cheers, Christian

For inventory based checks. (ie: what is different from inventory) you can move the service from ‘monitored’ to ‘undecided’ back to monitored, at which point the inventory state is updated.

The two options given from @ChristianM and @MatthewStier should work booth.
The technical background is that this check must remember the “correct” state at the time of first discovery/inventory. If the state is changed from the saved one then you get the warning message.
These two procedures will remove the service from the list of saved services and rediscover the service with the actual state. Then this actual state should match the newly saved one.

I have tried both methods on several hosts and neither remove the exceeding warning.

I moved the checks to ‘undecided’, and waited 30 minutes before moving them back to monitored. After this, the checks were still showing an exceeding warning.

This problem does not appear on servers running Ubuntu 20.04 or RHEL/CentOS 8. Only on earlier operating systems.

Any other ideas?

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed. Contact @fayepal if you think this should be re-opened.