MS Teams notification

Hi there,

we want to setup teams notifications via the Plugin of @ManDal (Michael Kleger) in Version 1.1

Our CheckMK Server:
CMK version: 2.1.0p23 cfe
OS version:Ubuntu 20.04 LTS

If we use the default settings of that plugin to notify only user that are contact of that host no one get notified.
If we use “notify all users” we will get notified but multiple times (depending on the amount of users)
How can we solve that? We only want to get notify once per configured webhook. It doesn’t make sense to have multiple notifications in the same MS Teams channel for the same service.

Cheers Shorty

Hi @_shorty ,

the number of times checkmk triggers a notification plugin depends on your contact selection.
In the case of MS Teams, where your notification method already defines the recipient (i.e. a Teams Channel) this makes little sense.
So the best way is to limit the Contact Selection to 1 user i.e. using the “the following user” option:

1 Like

Hello @gstolz
Thanks for your answer, that’s exactly it, the notification rule must or should only be assigned to one user.

Greetings
Michael

2 Likes

Maybe this can be added in the documentation :wink:

I’ll think of something :wink:

2 Likes

The documentation can be seen on our GIT repo:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed. Contact an admin if you think this should be re-opened.