MSSQL Server Memory - Commit charge Levels

Hi there :slight_smile:

i have trouble adding an custom Rule for MSSQL Server Memory Usage.

I added an Rule in “Operating System Resources > Memory levels for Windows” with Levels for Memory and Commit charge. The Memory Levels work fine so i know the Rule works at that point. But the Commit Charge Levels take no affect.

Am i missing something. I can set the Levels at 100% or 1% but the Warning/Critical Lines in the Performance Data stay the same and the Check stays critical for the commit value while memory actualy is fine.

regards

Hi @rrembold

If I understand you correctly all your thresholds do work correctly, and the alert is raised as expected. Your only issue is that the “WARN”/“CRIT” lines in your graph do not reflect the changed levels.

I don’t have this problem with CEE as far as I can see, so I assume that you’re using CRE. I’m not sure
by what this is exactly driven in PNP4Nagios, but you could try to backup (or delete if you don’t need
them…) the corresponding RRD files and see if after a few check runs the “lines” do reflect the levels you’ve set up.

HTH,
Thomas

Hi @openmindz

i am using the CEE ( Enterprise Standard )

“If I understand you correctly all your thresholds do work correctly, and the alert is raised as expected. Your only issue is that the “WARN”/“CRIT” lines in your graph do not reflect the changed levels.”
Sadly not. Because i cant set the treshold of the commit charges the Check is always CRIT.

I see that the problem seem to be the commit charges because the “RAM used” Graph adjusted the Lines but the Commit Charge doesnt. So the Policy basically works.

Hi @rrembold

OK understood. I cannot reproduce the behaviour you’re referring to on a CEE 1.5.0p16 and
a CEE in version 1.6.0p20. Which version are you using?

Additionally, I found the following werk: Add missing metrics for Windows Memory and Pagefile check
It says that it’s for “CRE” and for versions 1.5.0p5 and 1.6.0b1, so
it may or may not be related, but it sure does sound a little like it could be…

HTH,
Thomas

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed. Contact @fayepal if you think this should be re-opened.