Multiple metrics/one sensor(host) Graph units

Happy new year dear Community! :slight_smile:

recently i have been given the task to monitor our sensors that collect humidity and temperature data from our buildings. I created everything including graphs and a report that is supposed to be sent to some higher ups. All good, works as intended - checkmk is great… if there wouldn’t be this tiny little problem:

I can’t seem to change the units to what they are supposed to be.
Example:

sensor
If you look at this picture, you can see that the temperature and the humidity are displayed correctly, but both are in °C
Luftfeuchtigkeit (Blue)= Humidity , Lufttemperatur (red) = Temperature)

i tried to change this in the Graph settings but can’t seem to find a way to change single lines of the sensor. The Sensors have up to 4 single metrics (2x temp / 2x humidity / can differ) but i can only change everything that i get from the whole sensor to % or °C etc.

I also tried separate both values into two different graphs (one for % and one for °C) and combined them → same result. Only °C or %, not both.

Can a wise member of the community maybe enlighten me?
I’ve tried to find anything about this but probably didn’t catch it.

Maybe there is a way to add an additional Y axis

Thanks a bunch!

Checkmk Version 2.0.0p18

First you need to define the unit for your metrics (perfdata) in a metrics definition file or change the name of your metric to a predefined value. You could try humidity and ‘temp’ as metric name. This will match this predefined metrics:

metric_info["humidity"] = {
    "title": _("Relative humidity"),
    "unit": "%",
    "color": "#90b0b0",
}

metric_info["temp"] = {
    "title": _("Temperature"),
    "unit": "c",
    "color": "16/a",
}

Second, as far as I know you can not have two metrics wit different units in one graph, so you will have two graphs.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed. Contact an admin if you think this should be re-opened.