Nagios.log Passive Checks

Hi,

I have a question about the information on the logs.

I´m ussing the configuration on the file logging.cfg (/opt/omd/sites/”sitename”/etc/nagios/nagios.d), i just change the option for “log_passive_checks” to 1, but the question is:

Why when the log check for an error, the log register as:

the passive check change to service alert, and i need to see the recod as Passive Service Check:

PASSIVE SERVICE CHECK: IP.IP.IP.IP;Filesystem C:/;2;OK - 50% used (15.21 of 15.97 TB), (warn/crit at 80.00/90.00%), trend: +2.04 TB / 24 hours"

Im ussing the version 2.0 Raw

Thank you.

I don’t understand the problem here. The log file shows a transition from some state (unknown/warn/crit) to OK state for the file system “/”.

1 Like

Hi @andreas-doehler

The situation is the information on the log, for example in version 1.6 the log with the configuration for passive checks show the information like:

PASSIVE SERVICE CHECK: IP.IP.IP.IP;Filesystem C:/;2;OK - 50% used (15.21 of 15.97 TB), (warn/crit at 80.00/90.00%), trend: +2.04 TB / 24 hours"

But in version 2.0 change the text "Passive Service Check: " to "Service Alert: " and then the info of the problem:

But i would like to know if there is a option to chenge the text "Service Alert: " to "Passive Service Check: "

Thank you

The “Service Alert” line belongs to the line before.
The marked line is your passive check.

and the “Service Alert” is only the response from the monitoring core.
This is the same as before with 1.6.

1 Like

Yes, but in the version 1.6 is possible to see the status as Warning, Critical or Unk:

on the version 2.0 we cant and for my metrics i use the status and the words passive service check, so i dont know if there is a configuration here to chenge this and see de words passive service check and the status of the check

Now i know what you want. This what you see in your 1.6 log is no status directly this is only text that is part of the check output. With actual Check_MK you have no OK/WARN/CRIT anymore at the start of the output line. In your log file you only see the numeric state value. → Filesystem /;0;2.31% used

As far as i know it is not possible to get this again at the line start as this is redundant information.

1 Like

Yes, and yes i try with other configurations on the same file logging.cfg but nothing change, thank you very much for your time @andreas-doehler :grin:

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed. Contact an admin if you think this should be re-opened.