Network scan crashed on /16 subnet

I’ve had success with /8 subnet. Can you ping the IP addresses from the CMK server?

1 Like
  • On same CRE, I had a success to scan a smaller subnet and had 40 IPs discovered in 192.168.4.0/22 subnet.

• Looks like it is using plain ping, not fping, to scan the subnet.

• Is there a way to trigger a network scan manually,after I expand/shrink subnet range ?

• Another /16 failed scan due to 110sec timed out.

Hi,

not directly. But you can change the scan interval to 1 hour.

Karl

My trick was to delete the folder and re-create it :wink:

That’s also a possibility :slight_smile:

Hi,
just for information.

with version 1.6.0b1 fping dependencies were dropped. Dropped fping dependency (Removes check_fping)

1 Like

Thanks @marass.

I think the question now will be, how can one raise the 110sec network scan timeout setting ?

@kdeutsch, when you got a chance please try to do /16 network scan using CRE version 1.6+.
As @marass pointed out. fping was dropped since 1.6.0

I successfully scanned a /16 network using 1.6.0p15.cee and 1.6.0p13.cre.

1 Like

Hi Together
I`m still running into exception when I´m scanning 10.0.0.0/16
2.0.p5 CEE
smaller ranges >/19 are working

Output: An exception occured: Your request timed out after 110 seconds. This issue may be related to a local configuration problem or a request which works with a too large number of objects. But if you think this issue is a bug, please send a crash report.

also this configuration run into exeption

The timeout does not happen during the network scan but when creating the hosts via API.

If there are many hosts to create the process takes too long. If there are only a few new hosts in a /16 the process has no issue while creating them.

1 Like

Hi Robert,
I have almost thought something like this. At about 400+ hosts is the end of funny.
Same Problem is often by bulk imports.