Network Scan not starting

Running CheckMK_Raw 1.6.0.2p

I have a Problem similar to this :

I’ve been building our CheckMK with 10+ Multisites over the past year. I just installed a new Slave, connected it and made Configuration for that site to check some Networks. Interval for scanning was initially set to 0days 1 hours, 0-24hr.
It’s still saying that it hasn’t performed the scan yet.
Configured scans in other folders continue to work.
On another Multisite i created some dummy folders with dummy networks and those havent performed a scan yet either…
Is there a cap to how many scans can be configured or am i missing something?

I’m also trying to find ANYTHING on how to manually start the scan to be able to compare results / “give the service a gentle push”.

I’m open for anything, especially in regards to how to start it manually given there’s nothing i can find in this regard…

The configuration is being pushed correctly to the slave, the site on which to monitor these folders is also correct. I’ve restarted OMD on the master and respective slave.
The user, cmkadmin, is the default admin when creating the site and has full administrative access, so hosts can be created.

edit : if i make a test instance on the slave and configure a folder with the network it gets scanned immediately…

I’d love to know why or how this isn’t working also.
I’ve set up multiple folders, with network scan enabled, changed the time, and never seen it start… ever…
I’m about to pitch this software out the window and go back to other systems that seem to work out of the box…

Can you check my answer here. Network scan doesn't seem to start - #2 by andreas-doehler

Check_MK works great out of the box, generally speaking, the network scan is something that you can’t do directly, easily , via gui.

I have solved the problem in my case which was a self induced problem.

The Scan works like this (code wise) :
It looks for something to scan and first looks for the oldest scan that needs a rescan and is within it’s allowed timeslot to run. Afterwards it goes into “else” to cover the rest, which would be initial scans for example.

Now, in distributed Monitoring Environments it is the Master that is responsible for triggering the Networkscan on his own site or slavesites. This is done via a cronjob which runs 1x per minute.
So you have an hourly hardcap of 60 scans.

I set too many folders with networkscans to hourly and thus basically created a queue since they couldnt all be processed + retries in the next hour. This meant that the codepart for initial scans is never visited as there’s always a scan to do.
This also explains why a folder was scanned when i performed 1 manual scan.

So there’s a daily hardcap of 1440 scans.

you can do a scan like this :
http://slaveip/slavesite/check_mk/automation.py?command=network-scan&secret=8SIAZ7X8@?B7N4W7AJ3RJ10Y?8VYFZO7
The secret you can find on your masterserver in the distributed wato file.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed. Contact @fayepal if you think this should be re-opened.