New kubernetes cluster collector for ARM aarch64

I just wanted to test out the new kubernetes monitoring features on my raspi k3s cluster but sadly the cluster collector is only available for the amd64 architecture.
given the rising popularity of arm devices with raspis and apples m series cpus, are there any plans to release the collector for ARM architectures?

The cluster collector leverages Google’s cadvisor. This is the de-facto standard for container metrics collection. Thus, for now, we are bound by it to what can be supported.

And they do not support ARM out of the box.

Our priority is to support all enterprise environments and cover all key use cases. There is still some work here to do for us, that’s why we can not dedicate any time on ARM support. But we made the cluster collector for a reason open source and available on GitHub. So that everyone can have their go at it and adapt it to their needs.
Thus, feel free to follow the advice in the GitHub issue and build your own ARM packages.

1 Like

Hi, we want to use checkmk for monitoring our new Kubernetes infrastructure, but we found out that checkmk kubernetes-collector and cadvisor-patched still do not support ARM architecture. :frowning:
Are there any intentions to implement this support? Time has moved on again and running Kubernetes on ARM infrastructure is quite common these days.

Also Cadvisor now support ARM, and because kubernetes-collector is built on Python, I think that it wouldn’t be too complicated to start building ARM images.

1 Like

Hey,
Thx for the info that cadvisor now supports armv71 and aarch64, that’s good news as this is the major dependency around it.
We would be very happy, if you take this opportunity to do a pull request. The first element would probably be changes to the build pipeline and the second is then around adaptations to the helm charts to not only consider pure arm environments, but also mixed environment with e.g. amd64 and aarch64.