Notification problems since upgrade to 2.2.0p3.cre

Hi, we have a strange behaviour since we upgraded from v.2.1.0p25.cre to v.2.2.0p3.cre.

On /omd/sites/ors/var/log/notify.log we see this error:

2023-06-19 17:11:55,383 [20] [cmk.base.notify] ----------------------------------------------------------------------
2023-06-19 17:11:55,383 [20] [cmk.base.notify] Got raw notification (VM01;Check_MK) context with 52 variables
2023-06-19 17:11:55,386 [20] [cmk.base.notify] Global rule ‘Notify all contacts of a host/service via HTML email’…
2023-06-19 17:11:55,386 [20] [cmk.base.notify] → matches!
2023-06-19 17:11:55,386 [40] [cmk.base.notify] ERROR:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/omd/sites/ors/lib/python3/cmk/base/notify.py”, line 352, in locally_deliver_raw_context
return notify_rulebased(raw_context, analyse=analyse)
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
File “/omd/sites/ors/lib/python3/cmk/base/notify.py”, line 444, in notify_rulebased
notifications, rule_info = _create_notifications(
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
File “/omd/sites/ors/lib/python3/cmk/base/notify.py”, line 465, in _create_notifications
contacts = rbn_rule_contacts(rule, raw_context)
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
File “/omd/sites/ors/lib/python3/cmk/base/notify.py”, line 968, in rbn_rule_contacts
if disable_notifications_opts.get(“disable”, False):
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
AttributeError: ‘bool’ object has no attribute ‘get’

Notification rule has just “All contacts of the notified object” option enabled and “ASCII” mail format.

If we change the rule to send notification to specific users it works.

Regards.

Hi, disabling notification for most of users the error disappeared… :confused:

Now the problem we have with latest version of CMK is that even with only one email address and no fallback we get 4 copies of every notification. :sob:

Hello @mcalorio ,

It seems similar to another topic, here is an option suggested by dev team: Trouble with notifications in 2.2.0.cre - #3 by _rb

I would suggest to try this as it seems to help.

Hi Sara,

thank you for your suggestion, at last I removed all users and re-created them. I didn’t like it so much, but that solved the problem.

Good day,
Matteo

1 Like

I know it is not perfect, but I am glad it helped :slight_smile:

I had, if not the same and exceptionally closely similar issue - in my 2.2 instance, I could just open, examine, save and apply changes to all users and it seemed to get me around the problem. I can’t say it’d work for everyone, but I feel like it’s worth a shot as a slightly quicker fix than delete and recreate.