Notifications Ignoring My Configuration

Hello everyone,

I’m having some trouble with notifications. After I installed check_mk I configured a test notification rule. It was to test email notifications, worked correctly. I have postfix sending emails over sendgrid. All looked fine to that point.

However now I’m stuck with this rule. I changed things, deleted the rule, disabled notifications manually… it’s totally ignoring me. I’m getting around 300 sometimes up to 500 emails a day. I also changed the email address of the user which receives the email, that got ignored too. I manually edited some config files in the /etc/check_mk folder where I’ve found old email still there and no sign of the new email address I have configured.

Now I have no notification rules configured through the web interface, I have restarted check_mk and the server. Still same. I have received 37 email while I write this post.

Can someone please guide me? I can’t figure out what I’m doing wrong.

Thanks!
Omur

Hi @omur.ozb and welcome to the forum.

Can you please check your global settings if you have set your mail address as general fallback?

The configuration option is called Fallback email address for notifications.

Hello Tosch,

I checked that and yes my email is set as fallback email. Would that cause all notification settings to be ignored?

Thanks!
Omur

The fallback address is used for all notifications which are not handled by a rule.

I just removed that, I’ll let you know as soon as I set a new notification rule and see it applies correctly.

Thanks!
Omur

Hello Tosch,

Seems like that resolved the issue. Thank you for helping very quickly.

Thanks,
Omur

You are welcome. Happy monitoring. :slight_smile:

1 Like