Notifications with MSMTP

Hi Team,

few weeks ago, the mail notifications with “sendmail” stopped working. So I looking for the issue and found an information, that sendmail doesn´t work anymore. This is the reason, why I tested some other smtp applications. SSMTP and POSTFIX doesn´t work, too. Now I found another application called “MSMTP”. I configured it and it worked on CLI. But not with Check_MK. When I switch to my Check_MK User (OMD), and test the mail, I get following error:

“Account default not found: No configuration file available!”

MSMTP use a msmtp configuration for the System and one for the User. Both configurations are set. But the OMD-user can´t found it (.msmtprc). What is my fault?

Do you possibly know the problem?

Thank you for your help!

Hi,
did you try to give omd user the group msmtp to have access to the config files?
Cheers,
Christian

Hello ChristianM,

sorry for my late answer! Yes, I have assigned the rights. But it does not work. Could you tell me where I can find the home directory of the OMD user? Maybe I should copy the .msmtprc file to this directory?

Cheers,
Peter

Hi Peter,

did you write the .msmtprc file for your omd user?

Cheers,
Christian

Why should all these MTA’s not work anymore?
I have no system where this is the case.
It’s better to look for the problem before any new software with new problems is introduced.

One other point is you don’t need a local MTA or mail client.
It is also possible to configure your mail notification that it sent’s the mail directly to a smarthost.
With this setting you can run your monitoring server completely without mail software if you want.

Hi Andreas-Doehler,

thank you for your reply. Really? I did not know about this possibility. I will test it in my vacation in two weeks.

Thank you very much!

Hi ChristianM,

where is the OMD User. I can´t find his folder like the default one (/home/user).

Thank you!

Hi,
the OMD user is the user where the site runs. The home dir is /omd /sites/ and <site name< ist the user.
Cheers,
Christian

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed. Contact an admin if you think this should be re-opened.