NSCA alternative inside Containers in Kubernetes?

Hi,

I am trying to migrate some passive checks to CheckMK.
These passive checks had been using NSCA to communicate their status with icinga.

Since NSCA has been deprecated in future version of CheckMK I am looking for alternative solutions.

My scenario is, that I have cronjobs inside short lived Docker containers in a Kubernetes cluster. The scripts inside the containers were communicating via NSCA.

The alternative solutions mentioned in Deprecating NSCA as part of Checkmk don’t work for me, because I don’t have an agent installed inside the containers.

How could an alternative solution look like for my case?

Regards

Run the CronJobs as Kubernetes CronJobs. That would be the K8s native recommended way and you don’t have to worry around scheduling. And then monitor them via the K8s integration for CronJobs.

1 Like

My admin told me that this feature is only available in the enterprise version of CheckMK, which we don’t have.

Are there other options?

Cronjobs comes with checkmk 2.2 and the check is available as well in the raw edition.
However, the dynamic host mgmt is not, which is quite useful. You can always script these things yourself of course

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed. Contact an admin if you think this should be re-opened.