Nutanix Monitoring

I made an up to date version of my extended Nutanix monitoring.
It brings Nutanix on the “same” level as the ESX monitoring, i hope so :slight_smile:

This version should be the last stand alone extension to this included agent and checks.
I migrated all legacy plugins to the new API and asked for how-to submit the whole bunch of data to the CMK github. A PR with around 50-60 files is not liked by the Munich team i think.

The 2.1 package should also work with 2.0 - if someone can test it, it would be helpful.
The packages marked with 2.2 and complete please ignore.

9 Likes

Update - i got information that the 2.1 package is not completely compatible with 2.0
I will have a look at this problem the next days.
The problem are with the check parameters as far as i know.

2 Likes

Updated the 2.0 package here

Install is working without problem, quick function test was also without problem.

1 Like

Thanks Andreas for these great checks. They’re much more helpful than that what comes with checkmk itself. I hope tribe29 will include this in future checkmk releases.

@andreas-doehler I get:
$ cmk -D foo.bar.com
Failed to auto-migrate legacy plugin to check plugin: prism_alerts
Please refer to Werk 10601 for more information.
Failed to auto-migrate legacy plugin to check plugin: prism_containers
Failed to auto-migrate legacy plugin to check plugin: prism_info
Failed to auto-migrate legacy plugin to check plugin: prism_storage_pools

Do we need to remove the existing cmk nutanix integration before?

Normally this message is only informational.
What happens on your host if you do a “cmk -vvI foo.bar.com” or a “cmk -vvn foo.bar.com”?

You need to manually remove the old plugins only if you want to use the “–debug” switch.

I get

Source: SourceType.HOST/FetcherType.PROGRAM
  -> Not adding sections: Agent exited with code 1: Caught unhandled HTTPError(HTTP Error 404: Not Found) in /omd/sites/xxx/lib/python3/cmk/special_agents/utils/agent_common.py:135
  Source: SourceType.HOST/FetcherType.PIGGYBACK

You can execute the agent manually. The command is shown with an “cmk -D hostname”.
It looks more like, that there is not the right URL requested.

Program: /omd/sites/xxx/share/check_mk/agents/special/agent_prism '--server' 'x.x.x.x' '--port' '9440' '--username' 'foo' '--password' 'bar'
Servername, Port, User and Password is ok, but I’m wondering why it seems to use the builtin agent_prism?

Ok that is strange - what package of the prism agent from my github do you have installed?
If it is CMK 2.1 than it can be ok
The shown path is only a wrapper and it calls then the right function from ~/local/lib/check_mk/…

nutanix_prism-3.0-2.1.mkp We’re running 2.1.0p14

What happens if you execute the special agent command manually - some more output or only the same HTTP 404?

Found one error inside the special agent and will fix it.

Updated package nutanix_prism-3.1-2.1.mkp is available on github.
I hope this was the last copy & paste error.

Now also the PR on Github is made to integrate all these fancy new checks inside the base system.
We can only cross the fingers and pray :smiley:

1 Like

Hi Andreas
i installed your package for 2.0 (v 3.3) on a 2.0.0p27 and have it run against a Nutanix prism 5.20.3. (i know its not the most recent one but the only one i can test it now).
Where the builtin checks work (1st screenshot), the checks of your MKP throw an exception (2nd screenshot):
grafik
grafik

This is what the crash report looks like of one of the container checks:

And this is the one of the discovery:

Let me know if you need more information on this (via DM then?)

BR
Thomas

I got the same crash some days before.
It was a problem with the API versions of Nutanix - some calls need API v1 and most other calls v2.

New version online - 3.4
I hope this was the last problem between API v1 and v2 - but API version 3 is waiting :smiley:

Andreas, superb work, as always:

Now i have one crash left:

I suspect its caused by the hostname (which is its IP)?

BR
Thomas

For this i think i need the agent output.
It looks a little bit strange. As it means this host has no memory.

Sent a DM to you :slight_smile:

BR
Thomas