Omd restore to a new site - Wrong site-id

Hi guys,
I am trying to do a omd restore, everything works fine except the “Distributed monitoring”. The issue is i have taken a backup from a site x and created a file x.tar.gz. When i try to restore x.tar.gz in my new site y, my site id under “Distributed monitoring” is still x. I tried to create a new rule but get an error message You cannot delete this connection. It has folders/hosts assigned to it. I cannot find any folders in the search. Anybody else had same issue?
version 1.4.0p34 (CRE)

The question is what do you want to do/achieve with such an copy operation?
Copy a slave site and rename it is not so easy.

I have a master site and a slave site. The goal is to migrate both master and slave site to new servers. I wanted to rename the new site to y, so what i have done is
omd restore y x.tar.gz. It seem to have gone well except site-id for master under “Distributed monitoring” is still x.

If it is only the site id then you need only to do a search inside “~/etc/check_mk/conf.d/” for the old id and replace it with your new site id. I don’t know other ways for this special case.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.