OpenShift-Monitoring MKP is available for testing

Hello Checkmk user,

the OpenShift-Monitoring MKP for the version 2.1.0 is now available for testing.
If you are using OpenShift and want to monitor it with Checkmk, you now have the chance to be one of the first to test it before the release of version 2.2.0.

If you want to be a test customer for this MKP and would like more detailed information, feel free to contact me.

You can reach me at marc.nerreter@tribe29.com

7 Likes

can you provite a feature/changelog list for this MKP pls!

There are many commits, which were done before to make this one werk possible. But that one werk covers most of the user-facing changes.

Hello all,

I’m running tests with the new plugin and checkMK already retrieves information about openshift v4. In addition to objects daemonset, deployment, namespace, pod, service, etc, we miss deploymentconfig objects (Understanding Deployments and DeploymentConfigs - Deployments | Building applications | OpenShift Container Platform 4.9).

Is there a plan to include this workload_type?

Checkmk Enterprise Edition 2.1.0p10
OpenShift v4.10.50

Thank you in advance!

Best regards.

Hi,

Thank you for the test and your question.
I can’t tell you right now if that will be included. I have made a note of it and will discuss it internally as well. If something changes, you will know about it.

Hi,
we just installed cce 2.2.0p11 for testing the OpenShift Monitoring… :slight_smile:

Comment from our oc admin: pretty nice, but same “problem” here - are there any plan to implement the deploymentconfigs?

From our oc admin point of view this is essential.

1 Like

Could you do me a favor and create an entry on features.checkmk.com please?
Then this request is officially tracked and can be better incorporated into our workflows

1 Like

DeploymentConfigs are deprecated by OpenShift (OpenShift Container Platform 4.14 release notes | Release notes | OpenShift Container Platform 4.14).
Thus, it makes no sense from our side to put any effort into it. Thanks for the note in feature portal on that!