Oracle plugin systemparameter section

Hi,

The agent’s oracle plugin gives an output with a section called “<<<oracle_systemparameter>>>” and lists all the oracle system parameters.
But in that info is never seen on the checkmk server in the discovered services. Neither is there a section in the service monitoring rules.
Where can I configure the oracle system parameters that I want to monitor?

The behavior is the same in all versions (2.0, 2.1 and 2.2) and I run Raw edition.

Can someone explain this to me or point me in the right direction how to start using this?

Thank you
ricardo

That section is (currently) not used for any checks but serves the inventory only.
See the path software → applications → oracle → systemparameter in the HW/SW inventory of a host.

1 Like

Aha, ok. I see it there.
Thanks for the quick answer.

So, right now, if I want to monitor any of the system parameter I would need to do it either via the sql section in the oracle plugin or create a local check, right?

I’m not familiar with the Oracle checks but yes: a local check would be an option. But it must fetch the data in the oracle_systemparameter section on its own and then check it against some thresholds or whatever on the client side.

If you have the confidence or have already done so, then the better alternative might be to write a “real” check plugin for the server side. I mean, the data is already there and already gets delivered to the checkmk server, so why don’t use it?

1 Like

ok, thanks for the input and the explanation.
Right now, it’s not something that I need, I just wanted to know about it.