Perfometer isues

Hi to all first time asking help.
I made some custom checks regarding pdu plugs.
I have made some custom perfometers so it would show amps and wats
It work awesome in 1.5.0.p20 RAW
But in 1.6.0.p6 RAW
The paths are not there:
/share/check_mk/web/plugins/perfometer/
/share/check_mk/web/plugins/metrics/
I found them now in:
/lib/python/cmk/gui/plugins/metrics/check_mk.py
/lib/python/cmk/gui/plugins/views/perfometers/check_mk.py
I made also files from my extra metrics and perfometers.
But now i see that you need to import some modules?
Can someone help me my metrics are not functioning and i don’t know how to debug them.
The web page https://checkmk.com/cms_legacy_devel_perfometer.html
Is not updated for the new perf or metrics how to.

Or should import something to enable legacy perf checks.
Help please.
And thank you.

Regards and i wish Merry Christmas to all.

You should never place your own additions into the ~/share directories (pre 1.6) nor into the new directories below /lib/python/cmk/gui/plugins.

The right places for own plugins are shown by the cmk --path command:

OMD[mysite]:~$ cmk --path
Locally installed addons
  Locally installed checks               : /omd/sites/mysite/local/share/check_mk/checks/
  Locally installed notification scripts : /omd/sites/mysite/local/share/check_mk/notifications/
  Locally installed inventory plugins    : /omd/sites/mysite/local/share/check_mk/inventory/
  Locally installed check man pages      : /omd/sites/mysite/local/share/check_mk/checkman/
  Locally installed agents and plugins   : /omd/sites/mysite/local/share/check_mk/agents/
  Locally installed Multisite addons     : /omd/sites/mysite/local/share/check_mk/web/
  Locally installed PNP templates        : /omd/sites/mysite/local/share/check_mk/pnp-templates/
  Locally installed documentation        : /omd/sites/mysite/local/share/doc/check_mk/
  Locally installed localizations        : /omd/sites/mysite/local/share/check_mk/locale/

That is: put your Perf-O-Meter plugins in ~/local/share/check_mk/web/plugins/metrics. This way they won’t get overwritten or lost by an update of Checkmk.

4 Likes