Plugins downloaden

Hi,

is it correct that plugins from checkmk extension only can be delivered via agent bakery? So it is not possible to download just the plugin like it is possible for the integrated plugins on https://<SITE-URL>/check_mk/agents/plugins/ ?

Kind regards
Mathias

Hello Matze. It is. But why not use the bakery? Else you could copy the plugin from you plugins folder to /opt/omd/sites/yoursite/share/check_mk/agents/plugins/ Then it should be available for everyone.
You can find it under “Setup/Other Operating Systems”. http://localhost/site/check_mk/agents/plugins/plugin.py

@mrei117 Why you changed your answer? I have already found it where you said before… :wink:
I am new to CheckMK but not sure about using bakery so far. It’s imho more difficult to put a rule to only assign this package to the certain hosts. And I don’t want to put the plugin on all hosts where its not needed - or do you got a good solution for that?

Sorry for answering so Late. I hope you ve got a solution by yourself. You can only deploy plugins to certain hosts. You can filter by folders or better with labels. You can also not use the whole bakery for single hosts or groups.

Hey @mrei117 no problem. Yes I found out that the bakery is needed because I want to update agents automatically. Also already thought about labeling hosts and put plugins to hosts with a certain label. In most cases this I guess is ok but for example Oracle the config is better to deploy with Ansible.
I saw that with every new host I have to bake and sign packages again - but didn’t put a Ansible task for that yet. I also don’t know which ID they are talking about in the API because the signing key only got a description.
I also found an option “Automatically update agents at Activate Changes, if necessary”. I don’t know if that would also bake the agent…

I just recognized that labels are not working. Probably Checkmk AGAIN put a new bug while solving other bugs…

For the api you need a automation user or a normal user with rights to use the api. When you create a new user you can give him a secret key. That is what they need as secret.
You can bake and sign agents on interval I think. I don’t know the name because I’m on mobile phone. You only need to bake the Agent if the host has another scheme as the other ones. So other plugins or settings.

@mrei117 No, I am already using the API and this is not what I meant. I was talking about bake and sign via API. There is an id of a key mentioned where you have to put your signing key “id”… but nevermind.
I have found the option that it bakes automatically after “activate changes”. The only thing I have to care about now is to put a retry or a wait in the Ansible tasks because I add a new host, activate changes and then I try to install the agent via hostname but this is not knowing yet about the new host…
The workaround now is to install “generic” agent and let the “automatic updater” pull the correct agent.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed. Contact an admin if you think this should be re-opened.