Problem updating from 2.0 to 2.1

CMK version: 2.0.0p33 to 2.1.0p22
OS version: Ubuntu Server 20.04

Error message:

OMD[site]:~$ cmk-update-config -v
Initializing application...
ERROR: Please repair this and run "cmk-update-config -v" BEFORE starting the site again.
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/omd/sites/site/lib/python3/cmk/update_config.py", line 2186, in main
    has_errors = UpdateConfig(logger, arguments).run()
  File "/omd/sites/site/lib/python3/cmk/update_config.py", line 298, in run
    self._initialize_base_environment()
  File "/omd/sites/site/lib/python3/cmk/update_config.py", line 375, in _initialize_base_environment
    cmk.base.config.load_all_agent_based_plugins(cmk.base.check_api.get_check_api_context)
  File "/omd/sites/site/lib/python3/cmk/base/config.py", line 1528, in load_all_agent_based_plugins
    errors.extend(load_checks(get_check_api_context, filelist))
  File "/omd/sites/site/lib/python3/cmk/base/config.py", line 1680, in load_checks
    return _extract_agent_and_snmp_sections(
  File "/omd/sites/site/lib/python3/cmk/base/config.py", line 2120, in _extract_agent_and_snmp_sections
    create_snmp_section_plugin_from_legacy(
  File "/omd/sites/site/lib/python3/cmk/base/api/agent_based/register/section_plugins_legacy/__init__.py", line 246, in create_snmp_section_plugin_from_legacy
    detect_spec = create_detect_spec(
  File "/omd/sites/site/lib/python3/cmk/base/api/agent_based/register/section_plugins_legacy/convert_scan_functions.py", line 416, in create_detect_spec
    _compute_detect_spec(
  File "/omd/sites/site/lib/python3/cmk/base/api/agent_based/register/section_plugins_legacy/convert_scan_functions.py", line 392, in _compute_detect_spec
    return _ast_convert_dispatcher(expression_ast)
  File "/omd/sites/site/lib/python3/cmk/base/api/agent_based/register/section_plugins_legacy/convert_scan_functions.py", line 342, in _ast_convert_dispatcher
    return _ast_convert_compare(arg)
  File "/omd/sites/site/lib/python3/cmk/base/api/agent_based/register/section_plugins_legacy/convert_scan_functions.py", line 242, in _ast_convert_compare
    return not_equals(
  File "/omd/sites/site/lib/python3/cmk/base/api/agent_based/utils.py", line 208, in not_equals
    return _negate(equals(oidstr, value))
  File "/omd/sites/site/lib/python3/cmk/base/api/agent_based/utils.py", line 166, in equals
    return SNMPDetectSpecification([[(oidstr, "%s" % re.escape(value), True)]])
  File "/omd/sites/site/lib/python3.9/re.py", line 277, in escape
    pattern = str(pattern, 'latin1')
TypeError: decoding to str: need a bytes-like object, NoneType found
OMD[site]:~$

I’m trying to update CheckMK Enterprise from 2.0 to 2.1 but i always get this error message.

It’s telling me, there is an error that by parsing a regex there is a none-object instead of a string. It tells me to repair this, but i can’t find the source for this error. What shall be repaired?

A search in the forum doesn’t provide me any solution for this.
So your help is very apreciated.

Thanks in advance!

This means that there is a own SNMP check plugin with detect section that is not valid.
Please have a look at the own made or modified plugins.

Okay… Yes, there is a selfmade SNMP-Plugin. I’m going to check this.
Thanks a lot!

Indeed it was an SNMP-Plugin - but not the selfdeveloped one.

I had to totally remove the extension package “cmk-ups-1.1.mkp” to finaly be able to upgrade to cmk v2.1. Maybe it was far to old…

Thanks again for your advice!

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed. Contact an admin if you think this should be re-opened.