Proxmox VE / Warning "wrong speed, expected: 10 Mbit/s"

I get warnings for network interface checks on one of my Proxmox VE hosts:

WARN - [fwpr303p0] (up) MAC: D2:12:3F:DD:6D:7A, 10 Gbit/s (wrong speed, expected: 10 Mbit/s)WARN, In: 2.51 kB/s (0.0%), Out: 1.98 kB/s (0.0%)
WARN - [fwpr107p0] (up) MAC: 26:FB:57:4A:85:C8, 10 Gbit/s (wrong speed, expected: 10 Mbit/s)WARN, In: 5.31 kB/s (0.0%), Out: 120.21 kB/s (0.0%)
WARN - [fwpr104p0] (up) MAC: 1A:91:8D:A4:95:0E, 10 Gbit/s (wrong speed, expected: 10 Mbit/s)WARN, In: 5.11 kB/s (0.0%), Out: 888.58 B/s (0.0%)

According to Proxmox staff these are bridge devices for LXC/KVM:

fwpr<VMID>i<network interface X> is the bridge in device.

I tried to create a rule but it seems I can’t filter for the network interface name, only for the service name—right?

Any idea how to handle them? Since the network interface service names/numbers change whenever you recreate/restart machines or reboot the host, I can’t just disable them (because eventually more will spawn).

Looking forward to your suggestions! :slight_smile:

This should be fixed with a re-inventory of the host. last time the host was inventoried maybe the interfaces where unused. You can create a rule to ignore fwpr* interfaces if you don’t want them to be shown.

This article contains relevant information: https://blog.checkmk.com/network-monitoring-four-rules-to-rule-them-all

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.