Proxy Error after login prompt

I’ve searched high and low. Currently running version 1.6.0p6.cee. After I provide valid credentials I get:

Proxy Error

The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.
The proxy server could not handle the request *[POST /sitename/check_mk/login.py]

Reason: Error reading from remote server

The only thing I can think of is the proxy conf which looks like this:

Order allow,deny allow from all

<Location /sitename>
# Setting “retry=0” to prevent 60 second caching of problem states e.g. when
# the site apache is down and someone tries to access the page.
# “disablereuse=On” prevents the apache from keeping the connection which leads to
# wrong devlivered pages sometimes
ProxyPass http://127.0.0.1:5000/sitename retry=0 disablereuse=On timeout=120
ProxyPassReverse http://127.0.0.1:5000/sitename

This was all working but stopped. I even tried downgrading to another version I have on the system and still the same issue. I’ve even created additional sites to see if it was site specific, but my test sites exhibit the same behavior. I’m at a loss with this.

Anyone have any ideas?

First info needed - what OS do you use?
If you say that you get this with all sites on this system it looks more like a OS/system Apache related issue.
If you create a clean site with a 1.5 version do you have the same problem?
Or can you check with an actual 1.6 version?

Thanks for the reply Andreas… This is a RHEL 7 box. I can check with the 1.6 or 1.5 versions which I have done. Seems like the OMD upgrade process will let you actually downgrade, so I can go between the 1.5 and 1.6 versions. I would agree, it seems to be an Apache related issue, however I feel it’s within the apache setup within OMD. I just haven’t found a good way to tell exactly what the proxy is doing. I’m finding seg faults in the logs however there isn’t much information around the cause:

Everytime I get the proxy error I get this:
[Thu Jul 02 10:25:20.856988 2020] [core:notice] [pid 8409] AH00052: child pid 1370 exit signal Segmentation fault (11)

I see lots of issues around this, but none specific to checkmk.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.