Public Bug Tracker - where are we standing?

Hey CMK Team

Could you update us where we are standing right now?
As with the upgrade to 2.2 we noticed we run again into Bugs which been known from you side for some time. One of the thinks we as customers want to avoid.

Cheers

The only team on our side which can handle such a large project is the product team. The priority for the product team right now is to help build Checkmk 2.3 and plan for upcoming features.

We already agreed internally that we also want it, but I am mostly busy answering your posts here :wink:

1 Like

Hi Martin

But its always like that. - “suddently” the prio is the next release. You said before the 2.2 release, we will focus on a BugTracker after the 2.2 release. :upside_down_face:

Nevermind, its the communication.
Pls. keep us as customers and users in the loop. Now I know it looks like there is something going on - good for us to know!
Will it be available with the 2.3 release?

Please do not misquote me.
I never promised any public bug tracker. I said, we would look into it.
And the result of looking into it: it will take a restructuring of our internal IT (our Jira is hosted internally, behind a VPN for security reasons), it will take significant effort to build a custom solution which incorporates both the needs of customers with and without support (because Jira users are coupled to support contracts) and then all the customization to deal with sensitive data.
Thus, as you can see, we looked into it, understand the effort behind it now, and it is our list of projects to tackle the sooner or later without any commitment to time.

1 Like