Quicksearch doesn't work any more after upgrading to 2.0.0p4

Hi,

the Quicksearch function doesn’t work any more. I get all hosts listed when searching for a single host. Further more even when finding the host in the all hosts, clocking on the host will direct to a wrong URL with view_name=host instead of view_name=host_ok

Any fix soon ?

Thanks

Hi,
in my installation it works fine. So what’s exactly is the problem? Which Quicksearch you use, from the old sidebar snapin or in Monitoring?
Cheers,
Christian

Hi Christian,

yes the Quicksearch under the overview in the right side

even when just clicking on a host in the default dashboard it redirects me to the URL with host at the end which should be host_ok. I cleared the browser cache and restarted omd, still the issue is not resolved.

Try to search with the search field in left Mega Menu Monitoring. You can also try to remove the quicksearch from right sidebar and add it again.

Cheers, Christian

I still get the same result when using the search field in left Mega Menu Monitoring. I just get all hosts shown. This is really weird. It was until 2.0.0p3 working, just today after the update it broke.
I tried with different browsers as well.

Now after downgrading to 2.0.0.p3 searching for a host works and I get the host view including the host’s services. I get the same URL I got in 2.0.0.p4 which ends with view_name%3Dhost, when upgrading again to 2.0.0p4 the same view shows all hosts including their services monitored by the slave which monitors the host I was searching for.

hi @ghassan

the p5 is out now. I did not see anything in the release notes about a quicksearch issue, but it’s worth a try just upgrading to the p5.
Here’s the announcement: [Release] Checkmk stable release 2.0.0p5

Best of luck,
Elias

Hi @elias.voelker,

thanks a lot for the hint. I’ll definitively give it a try and let you know if any thing changes.

Unfortunately the behavior is the same.

Any idea where I can start searching?

@joerg.herbel We talked about te Quick Search yesterday. Do you have an idea?

No, sry. We talked about the Search in the Setup menu, which is completely separated from what we call the Quicksearch (in the Monitoring menu). The issue with the search in the Setup menu is already being investigated.

could it be related some how to custom view, created by other users? apache setup?

I could solve the issue, there was one host view created by a user without the hostname in the filter. The view was not public, so I am wondering why is it breaking the host view, since creating a view that has the same view name as a builtin view shouldn’t break the builtin view if it is not public.
At least it used to work until 2.0.0.p3, so this might be a bug related to one of the following Werks:

Thanks for the help @elias.voelker and @ChristianM

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed. Contact an admin if you think this should be re-opened.