Quicksearch sidebar snapin missing

Hello dear check_mk community,

Maybe a bit of silly question :wink: We upgraded our check_mk instance from 1.6 to 2.1.0p20 recently and as I was messing around with the new sidebar I accidentaly removed the quicksearch snapin. In contrast to all the other snapins, I can’t find the quicksearch snapin in the “add sidebar element” menu, see the screenshot below. Am I missing something here? Shouldn’t the quicksearch snapin be available through this menu?

Thanks!
Simon

Hi, this is strange… I removed the quicksearch snapin in my 2.1.0p20 Environment, but on my site the snapin could be added again:

Hi.

It could be a problem with one of your sidebar snapin. The Server satus throws an exeption, so it could be that the Quicksearch will not loaded. Please hat a look at ~/var/log/web.log about the error.

Best, Christian

Thanks for your replies! We did a little more digging and in the end just copied another user’s config file to mine, which got me my quicksearch back, as that was the easiest solution for us. Maybe it has got to do with our instance being quite old and having many custom plugins… idk :slight_smile:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed. Contact an admin if you think this should be re-opened.