Re-Evaluate Status of local check from WARNING to OK

I have a local check which is working with locally defined limits and . The local check thinks the status should be OK, but I want the checkmk-Server to think different because of the measuring values.

Example output of local check:

0 “rabbitmq_consumers.pl” consumers=40;2;0 nr of consumers=40 (min should be 2) OK

Result 0 means ok, but I would like to make a decision on the checkmk-Server that 40 is critical. The writer of the check thinks 2=warning, 0=critical but I think different and I don’t want to change the parameters of the local checks because the interpretation of the values should be made in this case by the checkmk-server.

I have found a hint in

under 3.4. Calculating status dynamically

to let the local check make NO interpretation ok, warning, critical. The output is now

P “rabbitmq_consumers.pl” consumers=40;2;0 nr of consumers=40 (min should be 2)

But the interpretation of the value is made by the local check again because of the values for warning and critical in the measurement data.

Is it possible to re-decide the status on the checkmk-serverside?

Hi Richard,

as far as i know this is not possible with a local check.
You could rewrite the script and transmit the raw values as an agent check plugin and develop a check on the checkmk server side where you can then create rules that you assign via the conditions.