[Release] Checkmk innovation release 2.0.0i1

Just wondering if there is an easy way to get and test the updates resp. fixes for certain plugins being delivered within the latest (innovation) release. Or do I have to download the complete checkmk release in order to get single plugins in the most current version?

In this case yes as 1.6 and 2.0 is not compatible. Python 2 ā†’ 3 changes and many internal changes.
Backporting / testing 2.0 plugins with 1.6 is not possible.

1 Like

Another possibility might be to fetch the latest plugins directly from their github repo at https://github.com/tribe29/checkmk (in case you are a bit familiar with git and/or github).

Hi @martin.hirschvogel,
what is about licensing with such a new release?
We have many custom checks(250 classical rules, ~500 plugins rules) and need time to migrate them. But in case I do backup\restore site procedure I will use around 150% of available licenses for me. Is that will be treated as a license violation?

Pure test systems for trialing Checkmk versions, etc., are not counted for the subscriptionā€¦

Good to hear, I supposed to use a backup archive for restore and then figure out what is broken. In other words - clone monitoring environment to test&develop. Around 1000 hosts will be imported, and thatā€™s definitely out of limits of the free cee version. Thatā€™s why I asked how to license an ā€œinnovationā€ release.

@martin.hirschvogel Hi, TNX Great job!
I Installed the latest raw version(2.0) and try to create dashboard with grafana ā€¦ but it dose not works!
The problem is the same described in the link below:

should we wait for stable version?!

Hi,
Iā€™m curious too. Running check-mk-raw-2.0.0b3-el7-38.x86_64 and this version responds with "result:ā€œCheckmk exception: Currently not supported with this Checkmk Editionā€ to Grafana plugin.

Thatā€™s correct the performance data can only be delivered with livestatus if you have the cmc core and this means only the enterprise edition uses this core.
With the raw edition you can try to configure the PNP Grafana Datasource
Thatā€™s the only way i know to bind Grafana directly to the PNP4Nagios graphing data.

But https://blog.checkmk.com/announcing-checkmk-2.0-and-its-innovation-release claims that 2.0 raw will support Grafana integration. ( ā€œImproved Grafana integration (now also available in the Checkmk Raw Edition)ā€ ) but it will probably be impemented in a later build.

Ok. You see i also donā€™t read all the release notes :slight_smile:
It is possible to test if this works if you use the livestatus query for the performance data manually with your raw edition to check if it works.

I tried the same request with Postman and the response was the same so I guess Iā€™ll have to be patient :slight_smile:

Looks like a bug then. Please send an email to feedback-2.0 [at] checkmk.com

There is a complete manual article here

Migration notes = Werks :slight_smile:
checkmk.com/werks or inside Checkmk

I am testing 2.0.0p3 now.

1. I am using " [Individual program call instead of agent access]". In 2.0, test for the Individual program call is missing. It was such test in 1.6. The Individual program call test was shwon in the AGENT section. It was very practical as in case of error, the error message was shown in the AGENT section, so it was easier to fix the problem.
  2. Bulk discovery button is missing

It works, Thank you!