[Release] Checkmk stable release 1.6.0p13

Dear friends of Checkmk,

the new stable release 1.6.0p13 of Checkmk is ready for download.

This maintenance release ships with 12 changes affecing all editions of Checkmk,
3 Enterprise Edition specific changes and 1 Managed Services Edition specific changes.

Changes in all Checkmk Editions:

Checks & agents:

• 11146 Optional package: Update Prometheus to 1.1 (improve Node Exporter)
    NOTE: Please refer to the migration notes!
  • 10992 FIX: Check_MK Service: Fix “‘ascii’ codec can’t decode byte” while collecting service results
  • 10991 FIX: Cisco CPU: Fixed discovery of cisco_cpu and cisco_cpu_multiitem (updates werk #10778)
  • 10989 FIX: checkpoint_packets: Fixed handling of missing ESP en-/decrypted packets
  • 10994 FIX: f5_bigip_mem: Discover only if memory total and used values are available
  • 10632 FIX: livestatus_status: Fix crash on invalid certification age
  • 10990 FIX: mk_logwatch: Fixed state file name if REMOTE_HOST variable contains extended IPv4 address
  • 11034 FIX: sap_hana_ess: Fixed permanent crit state of started threads

Core & setup:

• 10538 FIX: Improved livestatus query performance on some gui pages/features

Livestatus:

• 11151 FIX: Correct handling of unsorted time periods for availability timelines

User interface:

• 11035 FIX: Fixed pnp4nagios graphs on systems with php-7.4

WATO:

• 11077 FIX: Web API: Fix set_hosttags call when any rule uses “one of” or “none of” tag conditions

Changes in the Checkmk Enterprise Edition:

Core & setup:

• 11084 FIX: Fix 100% CPU usage when CMC is started before network is ready

Notifications:

• 11037 FIX: Fixed NoneType error in case of missing permissions

User interface:

• 11186 FIX: Fixed some wrong displayed parameters for hosts if cmc is used

Changes in the Checkmk Managed Services Edition:

User interface:

• 11036 FIX: Fixed KeyError in site specific global settings if no explicit customer is set

You can download Checkmk from our download page:

Please mail bug reports and qualified feedback to feedback@checkmk.com.
We greatly thank you for using Checkmk and wish you a successful monitoring,

Your Checkmk Team

2 Likes

Here’s the link to the werks overview for this release:

https://checkmk.com/check_mk-werks.php?branch=1.6.0&version=1.6.0p13&all_versions=1

3 Likes

@flaviomoringa_apt our problem from this thread Error with temperature on ubuntu 18.04 - #5 by flaviomoringa_apt is solved :smiley: I tested it on my system.
Thanks guys for fixing this!

1 Like

does p13 fix this:

?

Not yet, sorry. As soon as it is fixed, you will see a werk related to it. That’s the easiest way to find out about stuff like that.

1 Like

I miss the good old Release News mailinglist. No marketing, just an info when a new release was out. I just saw this release because I don’t check the forum or the site often enough :frowning:

You can configure mail preferences in your forum profile. There even is a “Mailing list mode”, but I haven’t tried it.
Then set notifications defaults for the “Announcements” category here - tracking or even watching.

2 Likes

Thanks for your input, I haven’t thought of this. I now track the tag “checkmk-release” in “Watching First Post” mode, so I’ll only get notified of new topics with this tag, not answers. Hope this works the way I think :crossed_fingers:

1 Like

Why is the version 1.6.0p13 not listed here: https://checkmk.de/check_mk-werks.php ?

It is - but you need to change branch to stable (instead of development):

https://checkmk.de/check_mk-werks.php?branch=1.6.0&version=1.6.0p13

2 Likes