[Release] Checkmk stable release 2.1.0p24

Dear friends of Checkmk,

the new stable release 2.1.0p24 of Checkmk is ready for download.

This maintenance release ships with 18 changes affecting all editions of Checkmk,
3 Enterprise Edition specific changes and 0 Managed Services Edition specific changes.

Support periods can be found here: Checkmk versions

Changes in all Checkmk Editions:

Checks & agents:

• 15409 FIX: Agent receiver crashes on IPv4-only Checkmk servers (regression introduced by werk 15416)…
  • 15240 FIX: Call variable validation during cmk-update-config
  • 14588 FIX: KUBE: Add missing imported labels…
  • 15442 FIX: df_netscaler: wrong unit shown in graphs
  • 15154 FIX: fileinfo: Show size in a human readable format…
  • 15441 FIX: isc_dhcpd.py: unable to determine DHCPD processes on Debian 10 (buster)…
  • 15155 FIX: sap_hana_status: Handle WARNING status correctly…
  • 14980 FIX: service details view: unable to render view due to long filename…

Notifications:

• 15131 FIX: Fix “Match sites” only listing remote sites with enabled replication

REST API:

• 14256 FIX: REST-API objects/ruleset: Change status code to 404 when ruleset doesn’t exist
  • 15380 FIX: activate_changes: responses for non-existing activate_ids now include detail…
  • 15432 FIX: agent: GET non existent agent hash now returns a 404 response…
  • 15431 FIX: rule: Return a 404 when a rule doesn’t exist on the GET endpoint…
  • 15379 FIX: aux_tags: aux_tag_id must exist in order to update…
    NOTE: Please refer to the migration notes!
  • 15378 FIX: timeperiod: day & time_ranges now load defaults when not included in the request…
    NOTE: Please refer to the migration notes!

Setup:

• 15134 FIX: Fix “IP address family” only shown on “show more”…
  • 15133 FIX: Fix saving of help text for auxiliary tags

User interface:

• 14187 FIX: Improved rendering speed of rules which use the password store

Changes in the Checkmk Enterprise Edition:

Agent bakery:

• 15068 SEC: Fix improper certificate validation in agent updater…

Core & setup:

• 14949 FIX: Malformed UTF-8 data no longer result in loss of state file…

User interface:

• 15132 FIX: Fix crendential input field in subscription settings

Changes in the Checkmk Managed Services Edition:

NO CHANGES

You can download Checkmk from our download page: Download Checkmk for free | Checkmk

List of all changes: Werks

Please mail bug reports and qualified feedback to feedback@checkmk.com.
We greatly thank you for using Checkmk and wish you a successful monitoring,

Your Checkmk Team

2 Likes

Is it possible that Werk 14949 is not included in the release?
I have one system with this problem and it had the same problem after the installation.
After some troubleshooting i think i found the source :slight_smile: - some old check plugins where leading to a not usable state file.
Also this Werk is not mentioned inside the changelog.

Unfortunately, Werk 14949 is not included.

yes - but it causes also the loss of Downtimes as it seems - which is far more impacting

Service discovery via REST API for IPv6 hosts is still not working in our dev instance…
There still seems to be a problem related with these fixes for checkmk-raw 2.1.0p24 :frowning:

With some discussions about this problem - i would strongly recommend to not update to a version after 2.1.0p16 if you are on an older version. If your system is already on p17 or newer then ok you are not affected until now with this problem and can update. As it is nearly impossible to check before an update if a system is affected i find it very dangerous for big production systems.

Also missing inside this Werk is the last save version before this bug was introduced.

3 Likes