[Release] Checkmk stable release 2.2.0p19

Please note that in 2.2.0p19 SNMP trap translation in the Event Console is affected by a regression and thus not working properly. Please either use 2.2.0p17 or wait for 2.2.0p20, which will be released shortly. You can download previous versions here.

Dear friends of Checkmk,

the new stable release 2.2.0p19 of Checkmk is ready for download.

This stable release ships with 6 changes affecting all editions of Checkmk,
1 changes for the Enterprise editions, 1 Cloud Edition specific and
0 Managed Services Edition specific changes.

Changes in all Checkmk Editions:

Checks & agents

• 15650 FIX: mk_tsm: Fix export: =: is not an identifier…
  • 14616 FIX: ucd_disk: fs_size, fs_used and fs_free have wrongly scaled values in performance graphs…

Event console

• 14859 FIX: Event Console: Fix The EC always activates the config written by the previous activation…

REST API

• 16037 FIX: folder_config/host_config: No longer accept non-existent site…

Setup

• 16349 FIX: Support Diagnostics: UI improvements…
  • 16385 FIX: revert_changes: internal changes can be reverted only if the user has the correct permission…

Changes in the Checkmk Enterprise Edition:

Event console

• 16013 FIX: Fix missing event console rules after site update…

Changes in the Checkmk Cloud Edition:

Setup

• 16195 FIX: Licensing: Improve process of applying a license for non-running CMC…

Changes in the Checkmk Managed Services Edition:

NO CHANGES

You can download Checkmk from our download page: Download Checkmk for free | Checkmk

List of all changes: Werks

We greatly thank you for using Checkmk and wish you a successful monitoring,

Your Checkmk Team

Hi! EC is still not ok. Upgrade from 2.2p12 to 2.2p19 is bricking the traps translation. Same as 2.2p18.

Quick question (and probably a silly one), do the agents also get updated when there is a new release? If not, how do you tell when there are new agents?

Only if you use the agent bakery inside the enterprise or cloud edition. For raw edition you must use your own software deployment system.

Apologies, I didn’t phrase my question properly. I meant to say, each time there is a new release, would that also indicate that there are newer versions of the agents as well?

Hi Zoltrix,
Yes. Each new release like 2.2.0P18 → 2.2.0P19 gives also an new agent. The build version for the agent will also be 2.2.0P19. When you go to the Setup > Agents > Windows, Linux, Solaris, AIX section, you will notice the bake agents buttons will be orange after you updated CheckMK. Which means your configuration changed and an bake agents action is needed. If you used the option for signed agents, you should use the Bake and Sign agents option.

2 Likes

Hi @DanielDS,

thank you for reporting this. Unfortunately you are right, I can reproduce this bug.
We will investigate and fix it as soon as possible.

Thanks,
Alex

3 Likes

Thanks for acknowledging the issue and replying! Waiting for the next stable release.

Hi,

unfortunately EC TCP Port 6558 is still not opened anymore. This still has worked under p17.

BR Michael

Hey Michael,
thanks for the heads-up. We will take a look into this.
EDIT: Fix is already in progress for this as well.
Martin

2 Likes

That’s good to hear, thanks!
Michael

p20 with the fix is out.
FYI: We kept the changes limited for p20 to minor stuff and the event console fixes.

1 Like

Hello @martin.hirschvogel,
I can do the update from Checkmk Raw Edition 2.2.0p17 directly to p20 right?

Thanks in advance.

Yes (filling 20 characters)