Reporting SLA based on host state

Dear,

i’m trying to setup SLA Reporting based on host state but in the documentation it says its only with services available someone have any tips/tricks? i was trying it on check_mk service but if I stop the agent on the machine it’s “down” aswell but the machine is still up and running and that’s the criteria.

Kind Regards,
Sander

1 Like

Hello,

I’m new to Checkmk and evaluating it. I have the same question, this SLA Reporting feature looks very powerful, but how can we build a report on hosts availability ?

Best Regards,
Nicolas

Hi Nicolas,

did you check out the detailed availability docs at Availability - Evaluating and analyzing availabilities? You can configure the availability with the required filters and options and then add it to an existing report or pull an ad-hoc report pdf based on the availability view.

Gerd

Hi Gerd,

Yes I’ve checked this documentation out for my experimentation. The availability report works great on host level. But then I’ve looked at the feature to compare the availability against defined SLA, as described in the doc at Extended availability (SLAs), and here I was not able to do a report on host level (only on service level).
This is not that important as I’m not sure we would use that “SLA” feature, but it sounds weird to me not having it on the host level.

Cheers
Nicolas

Hi Nicolas,

not sure I understand the issue. You can assign SLAs to Hosts using “Service Level of hosts” and you can display the SLA in a view, but where/how do you want to compare it? (maybe a quick mock-up illustrating your expected output would help.)

Gerd

Hi Gerd,

As described in the doc this is what we can get with the Extended availability (SLAs) feature:

This is for the service “Filesystem /”.

I think it would be useful to have a similar view for the host availability itself, e.g:

In the Computation Type of SLA, there is no option for the host level, e.g. “Host state percentage”.

I hope this makes my thoughts a bit clearer.

Cheers
Nicolas