REST API Service Discovery not working - fix_all

CMK version: 2.031
OS version: Oracle Linux / Containerized

Error message: None

Endpoint: objects/host/{host_name}/actions/discover_services/invoke

I would like to invoke a fix_all to a specific Host. Beside of “refresh” no mode is working. According to documentation following modes should be available:

Default: “fix_all”

Enum: “new” “remove” “fix_all” “refresh” “only_host_labels”

After using refresh as mode, I can see the changes applied by the user, but all other modes do nothing. Is there anything I am missing or is this a known bug?

I’ve already filed a bug for this some time ago, but suppoprt said they would not fix this for 2.0.
What really annoys me is, that the documentation is also still not fixed.

@Tribe29: Another issue where a public bugtracker would be helpful.

These are the related werks, which mention the fixes.

Checkmk 2.0 is out of active maintenance since 2021-09-09. See Checkmk versions

Please therefore update to Checkmk 2.1.0. It includes a lot of further REST-API improvements.

Technically speaking, as this is an “advertised” feature of 2.0 (look at your own docs) and 2.0 is still in “passive maintenance”, this is a bug that should be fixed.
But I fully understand that this is a big effort, that Tribe is not willing to take for 2.0, but than please fix your docs!

I am on version 2.2.0p3 and it is still not fixed in 2024 for bulk service discovery job!

I have the same issue with the mode ‘fix_all’ in a “start a bulk discovery job”. Even tho according to the REST-API documentation ‘fix_all’ is a valid mode for it.

So either like mentioned here the documentation is faulty or the product’s API is not reliable.

Relax. Version 2.2.0p3 is quite old.
Have you considered to update to the 2.2.0p20?

No need to rant when you are using a free product.

Hi there,

we just forgot about the topic, because it did not work at the time and it wasnt that important but wouldve been a nice feature.

I just got some notifications, that this post is getting replies, and we have updated since a few minor versions.
The Problem seems to be fixed, alt least in : Checkmk Enterprise Edition 2.1.0p38
It works currently, so in the meantime there was probably a fix for the problem. :slight_smile:

headers={
‘Content-Type’ : ‘application/json’
},
json={
‘mode’ : ‘fix_all’,
},

1 Like

Thank you for your quick reply, I will see if there is a chance that it might be fixed in the newer raw version.