Restart agent service on RHEL 7.3

Hello!

I have a question when I wan to restart the checmk agent service on a Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server release 7.3 (Maipo) and the agent version check-mk-agent-1.6.0p9-1.noarch. I don’t know exactly how to restart it. I can’t locate the service. The only thing I find is this “check_mk @ 31193-ip_remote: 6556-ip_checkmk: 35982.service”. Is it right?. I ask this question because after installing the Oracle plugin (mk_oracle) and configure files, the host check_mk service throws me a (Service Check Timed Out) and I want to restart the agent to see the errors and and I cannot see them. Thank you very much for your time

Hello there,
you need to check why your mk_oracle plugin is causing a timeout of your agent. The agent itself is not serviced, it’s just a shell script. Of course you can do systemctl restart check_mk @ 31193-ip_remote: 6556-ip_checkmk: 35982.service but that this solves your problem is highly unlikely.

I detected that the oracle plugin use the bc command and the system did not have it. Thank you very much!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.