Restrictive rules with magic factor

Greetings to all!

I want to share with you an experience I had with the configuration of the space usage rule in the filesystems with the “magic factor”. It turns out that the rules that I had already created before activating the “magic factor”, for example, the one that limits the filesystem C:/ of host DC01 to 80% WARN 99% CRIT, continued to work perfectly, but the rules that I created after the magic factor, were not applied as I expected and the percentages that I suppose are those of the magic factor were assigned. Has anyone else had this happen? What solution do you recommend?

Thanks in advanced

The magic factor is one of many parameters that can be configured with the filesystem ruleset.

As the matching hint says (above all rules): “Each parameter is defined by the first matching rule where that parameter is set (checked).”

That means that once a rule matches and sets the magic factor this parameter is configured for all matched filesystems, even when you have rules before or after setting other parameters.

If you do not want the magic factor calculation for these filesystems set the magic factor to 1.0 in these rules.

4 Likes

Great Robert, thank you very much for the clarification and the solution to the problem.

Thanks again!